This is the 8th year of this band existing. Please proceed to what's going on by continuing to cast your eyes below.
- We're releasing a new single on 2/14/13. Two songs. First new material since No One Knows What Happens Next. These two songs will NOT be on the next HtH album. Hope you like 'em.
- HtH IV : We are working on it. It's got a title and a concept and is loud. Hopefully out Spring 2013.
- The crowd-sourced collage song originally spoken about here, finally came out last month freaking out all who listened to it. We wonder if a song has ever been created like this before? If you know of a precedent please email us.
- Ryan compiled a list of output for 2012. He was filled with pride but not too much pride. He disdains hubris, you know. That's here.
- Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook. We're fairly entertaining, usually!
Friends, we had a terrific summer touring the right half of the U.S. It was so good to see your smiling faces again. Thanks for all the kind words about the new album. We're so glad you like it.
Let's take a look at the weather:
- Ryan compiled a rarities disc that spans 13 years (from when he started recording music until now) for the Kickstarter backers. As of today, this compilation is now available to the public for purchase! Check out "You Can Escape Your Fate (But It's Not Considered Polite)".
- Big Digits remixed "Get Me In A Room." It's a delight.
- Ryan got cornered in an interview, employed a classic evasive technique, but was called out.
- NYC Taper recorded the final New York HtH show of summer 2012 and shared it with the world.
- The band guest lectured Surviving The World for an entire week. Start here and move forward to see all of the boards.
Even though I recently bought this brand new shovel and I am dying to try it, I just can't bury the lead here. In a matter of days the third Hallelujah The Hills album will be out. No One Knows What Happens Next. Yes! We are shaking with anticipation to fully set it loose in the world. On May 22nd it will be available in record stores, Bandcamp, Amazon, iTunes, eMusic and whole slew of places I can't take the time to type here. I hope you find it, or it finds you, and that you and these songs have some kind of friendship that lasts a long time.
Did you hear the first song we released? How about the 2nd? Did you see the video for Get Me In A Room? These are like the first, small pieces of the spelunking gear you'll need to wear in order to sink down into the depths of NOKWHN.
We'll be on tour in June and July. Watch this site for details. Watch for more posters like this, too:
Other things! 'The Czar Of Whatever It Takes' hats are in! The 'HtH Casually Smiling & Eating With Chopsticks' website is complete. Our complete discography is a steal on Etsy. We provided the plugs theme for an episode of the 'Comedy Bang Bang' podcast. The latest episode of the 'This Has Been A Disaster' podcast is a mini-dispatch from the most recent tour: members of HtH sit around in a venue/crime scene wondering if their show is canceled.
That's it for now. Thank you!
Oh friends! The album is called No One Knows What Happens Next and is out May 22nd on Discrete Pageantry Records. I can't believe it, either. Thank you so, so much for your support. The first song will likely come out next week. You can hear little samples of every song over at the Amazon pre-order page. If you want to pass a long the best pre-order link to friends that would be this. If you know of a record store who might want to carry the album click here.
What else. We stayed home and performed at CXCW. We have a bunch of shows planned and more on the way. Check here. Ryan became interested in John William Dunne. Ryan's month old article on illegal music downloading, fandom, and hoaxes reemerged as a scintillating footnote in a national art vs journalism scandal. Joe got a new amp head in an effort for the banjo to be heard at live shows. He WILL be heard, ladies & gentlemen! And so shall we!
We bid you bye bye with an old Irish blessing. "May You Be Alive At The End Of The World."