UPDATE 4/16: Hear another new song, "Do You Have Romantic Courage?", on Guestlisted from The Boston Herald!
UPDATE 4/3: See the first video, for "I Stand Corrected", at The Line of Best Fit!
UPDATE 3/25: Hear the first single from our new album. It's called "Pick Up An Old Phone" and it just premiered on Stereogum!
Here we go! Today we announced the title of the album (as seen in the frightening subject line of this update), revealed the track listing, and showed off the album cover. That wasn't enough, though. We released the album's video trailer too, which marks the first bit of audio from the LP that we're leaking. Between now and May 13 when the album comes out, there will be a lot of fun stuff coming out to prepare you all for our catchiest, weirdest, and we think, best album.
We'll hit CA for the 2nd time ever this May. Some of those dates, along with our local CD release show, can be found on our calendar. Lots more soon. THANKS!
- Thank YOU for making the album we are about to make possible via your super-generosity during our Fall Kickstarter.
- We are about to go into the studio shortly, and you'll be hearing the finished album in May 2014. It's wholly unlike the other three but still sounds like us. Make sense? Hear a demo song over at BDCwire.
- Look for California and Northeast US tours this Spring. Contact us if you'd like to play with us or set up a show!
- A record for the longest song incubation period ever was recently set when the lost HtH song Highschoolvania was released. Written in 2002, recorded in 2006, released in 2014.
- We made some great videos this past summer. Also, don't miss this amusing history of the band that was assembled for the Kickstarter campaign.
- Ryan wrote a piece about The Spammer of Spotify and some guesses what the next music industry clusterfuck might be (and check out the follow-up conversation). He also, like last year, compiled his list of output for your enjoyment.
Do you have a powerful way? The 4th Hallelujah The Hills album does and, as of this very moment (in a way) it exists. Pre-order the album between now and October 31st at Kickstarter and help the gentlemen record it the very best way. It'll be out in May, you'll get early access, and the band will tour California and other parts of the US all summer long!
Please make sure to check out the video crafted especially for this occasion complete with meltdowns, histories, and a special glimpse into HtH IV.
This is the 8th year of this band existing. Please proceed to what's going on by continuing to cast your eyes below.
- We're releasing a new single on 2/14/13. Two songs. First new material since No One Knows What Happens Next. These two songs will NOT be on the next HtH album. Hope you like 'em.
- HtH IV : We are working on it. It's got a title and a concept and is loud. Hopefully out Spring 2013.
- The crowd-sourced collage song originally spoken about here, finally came out last month freaking out all who listened to it. We wonder if a song has ever been created like this before? If you know of a precedent please email us.
- Ryan compiled a list of output for 2012. He was filled with pride but not too much pride. He disdains hubris, you know. That's here.
- Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook. We're fairly entertaining, usually!